• Improvement/expansion of the existing MP-QT Potable Water System
• Initiation of Phase 2 of Irrigation; including exploration of use of drip watering, erosion control around tanks, using native plant seedlings grown by the Colegio (high school) students
• Construction of community sized composting toilet near new elementary school. Reclamation of two other community composting toilets.
• Pilot program of several designs of family-sized toilets including composting; training in how to build and properly use.
• Improve availability of modified Rocket Mass Stoves with labor and percent of costs provided by household; training in how to build and properly use.
• Make available of family-sized hothouses (aka greenhouse) with labor and percent of costs provided by household; training in how to build and properly use.
• Organic farming training on Crops to grow in hothouses.
• Nutrition course on preparation of new foods grown from the organic farm training.
• Educational Field Trip, for community economic development, to Salinas de Guaranda which has been developing micro- businesses since 1970
Rocket Stove Pilot
Interested people contact Pam Gilbert (Pamela Gilbert (email@example.com) or Eden Recor (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the current Global Grant application
Elvis using the rocket stove pilot
Cutting the block
Family sitting on the bench
In the process
Kid helping in the construction
Meeting with Latacunga Rotary Club
Pamela and the Sansur's
Part of the stove
Adobe & Sand
Tank Bred, Minga
Another view of tank Bred
Kids helping, Erosion Control
Group around tank
Building a tank
Latacunga Rotary Club Member
Latacunga Rotary on site
Visiting the pilot
Meeting, Quinta Tunguiche
Building a tank, minga
Bucket, brigade starting
Composting Toilet in Malingua Pamba