We need your help to make the difference, support our students.
For more info contact Pam Gilbert firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO, you might be asking yourself.
On site, we have K-10 education plus a colegio (secondary school).
* Pre-school materials
* Matriculation fees required by the Ecuadorian Department of Education
* Personal educational materials (pencils, paper, books . . )
Any money left over from your donation will go to the general fund and will be used for:
* Classroom educational materials and supplies
* Library books
* Building maintenance
The university sponsorship money:
* These future leaders of the Malingua Pamba community receive the money directly based on their grades which are checked monthly prior to receiving a full (or partial) scholarship. If their grade average is 70% or more, they receive $150 per month; otherwise it is prorated.
HOW DO I DONATE?
* Send your check written to:
Centro Educativo La Minga
PO Box 1877
Granby, CO 80446.
The suggested minimum donation is $60 per school year for K-12 and $1,50/mo for university students. The funds will be distributed from the U.S. to the school Centro Educativo La Minga to be used for the students. They are not distributed directly to the students, except in the case of our university students (see above.)
HOW DO I COMMUNICATE WITH MY STUDENT?
* There is not mail service to Malingua Pamba. However, our volunteers are happy to bring down letters, gifts, etc to your sponsor students on our yearly trips.
* You will receive a "school" photo and note (in Spanish) from your student each year you sponsor.*
* Centro Educativo La Minga has a website www.escuelaminga.org, that is updated with all of the projects.
* Like us on facebook, the postings are mainly from the U.S. volunteers (it is not an effective way to communicate with your sponsor student).